<"Let there be love">
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Y
To you, the one whom I once loved so deeply
For three years, I’d been waiting.
Waiting for you to realise yourself,
And waiting for the time when I can finally be your priority.
I’ve learnt to stop expecting anything from you, really.
I want nothing and I gave everything I could ever to someone like you.
When many were against you and some even left,
I stood by you.
I find excuses for every of your wrongdoing because deep down,
I’ve been trying to forgive you as well.
I could see your shortcomings no more;
I just wanna be there for you whenever you needed me.
This is why I was thrown into turmoil of emotions and left myself there to bleed; alone.
And I did it willingly.
Every time when I decided to wave a final goodbye, you came back knocking at my door.
And with no second thought, I always allow you to come in.
Benji asked me a question one day,
‘How long have you waited for a person?’
I answered five hours, and then it struck me hard.
Perhaps the five hours were enough to determine how insignificant I am to you.
The worst thing is, I wasn’t even angry.
I was just, disappointed?
And I don’t feel just once, but again and again that
now i've lost count of it.
To be frank now,
I was torn apart that time but continued the pretentious acts
because I don’t want you to see it,
me in a devastated state.
I was shattered but I mended it myself.
Boy, do you even remember when that was?
Perhaps, everything between us ended at that very point of time; a year ago.
Like what I’ve always said, we can never change what’s been and gone.
I should have ended this long ago,
now allow me to say the final goodbye.
And i promise that i'll be happy from now on.
Post a Comment