Monday, December 14, 2009
Y
SCHOOL.
Few days back, my school's registrar just made an official release of our exam
grade. I wasn't really worried about Financial Accounting at that time because
my econs mods are the more disastrous ones (considering those sleepless
nights and useless memorizing).
But to my surprise, i saw this on my vista:
My final exam has a weightage of freaking 40% by the way. Nevertheless,
i still managed to secure a B for my FA final grade. If i can flunk my final paper
and still get a B, imagine the amount of moderation done. I'm thankful for it
isn't a C i'm getting or something worst than that. But my concern is, how the
hell did i flunk the last paper??! I knew i couldn't really do the paper,
but i've never imagined a F (well, my worst case scenario was a C
actually haha). Considering my progress so far, it has been pretty
consistent. So i emailed my prof to ask if i could review on the grade.
Haha, and i find the reply really interesting!
This is what she replied:
Adeline,
Your final GRADE is a B, which is quite ok, given FA is very difficult which we
have discussed in the beginning of the term. I checked your final exam. Your
final exam is slightly below 49, which is ok too, because FA is difficult. You can
NOT check the final exam paper, which is the policy. As we discussed in the last
week, every final exam paper is graded VERY CAREFULLY and has been
double checked.
Okay, pardon the language used because she isn't a local. After reading
her mail, i've no idea if i should feel glad or continue to be disappointed.
Haha, so i'm actually considered an average student even if i failed
my final paper (which represents 40-50% of my grade)??
I don't know if she was trying to comfort me or was plainly
speaking the truth. But i just find it extremely funny when she kept
stressing that "FA is difficult" haha!
I guess i should be contented with just a B then, and of course work
harder for the rest of the terms. Sighs...
Post a Comment